10 Things I’ve Learned About Myself through Our First Year Homeschooling
1. God has uniquely equipped and prepared me for this purpose. As I look back on the major events of my life, I see how God has used each of them to affect me and sometimes change me into the person who became a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom of 3 little boys. I am truly amazed by His goodness.
2. I like quiet. When you’re a college student, newlywed and even a new mom, quiet is something you take for granted. Now I find myself seeking it out!
3. I love being a boy mom. When people see that we have 3 boys, more often than not I get asked if we’re going to “try again for a girl.” I will love all of the children God chooses to bless us with, boy OR girl but I really do love all the superhero, tractor-riding, LEGO moments (except stepping on the LEGOS…that I don’t like so much)
4. My dreams came true. More than anything else, I had always wanted to be a mom. Moreover, I wanted to be a stay-at-home mom. I always had expectations of things I would “need” in order to be able to make that dream happen, though and didn’t think it would be possible. God has shown and is showing me though, that all I need is Him and he will take care of the rest.
5. I love to pray. I find myself calling on God more and more throughout the day tand I’m so blessed by how he answers me that I can’t help but want to pray for others, too.
6. I love reading and studying the bible. I’ve been working my way through 1 Corinthians during my #writetheword time and have been so fascinated by what I’ve learned. Even verses I know have taken on a deeper meaning. I could spend hours reading, analyzing and studying.
7. I am a writer. This is something I never in a million years thought I would say about myself. Homeschooling has apparently brought it out in me, though!
8. I like to be positive and encouraging. I feel that so many times the world or the enemy will try to convince us we “can’t” do things – that we’re not able or strong or qualified enough. I want to be the voice saying “with God’s help, you CAN!”
9. I need to ask for help. Sometimes I feel like I need to conquer the world with a spoon. I get overwhelmed with the tasks I see before me. I have been getting better at acknowledging that I can’t do it all, all the time (without getting burnt out or sick) and have been trying to remember to ask for help BEFORE I get overwhelmed.
10. “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13
Other Posts from Me in This Series (So Far!)
I’ve Linked Up With:
The blog hop is inspired by Top 10 Tuesday at Many Little Blessings. Join all of us in the iHomeschool Network during our ten week adventure and link up at Many Little Blessings by clicking the image below: